Civics & Voting
Dates to know:
- November 3, 2020: Election Day; voter registration available at your voting location
- October 29, 2020: Last day to request a mail ballot
- October 19 to November 2, 2020: early voting period
- October 18, 2020: deadline to register to vote online
- October 7 to November 2, 2020: grace period registration and voting
- October 6, 2020: deadline to register to vote by paper application
If you are interested in becoming an election judge to work on election day, you can apply online.
- Your Voter Information: find your polling location, sample ballots for upcoming elections and your elected officials.
- Any registered suburban Cook County voter may request a mail ballot. The deadline to apply is five days before an election. Learn more about voting by mail here.
If you encounter issues while voting, Illinois Legal Aid Online highlights relevant resources.
Previous election information may appear below. This webpage will be updated as these resources publish information about the upcoming election.
- Chicago Sun Times Election Voting Guide
- Chicago Tribune Election Guide articles
- Daily Herald news, endorsements, profiles
- Journal & Topics election articles
These tools offer information on judicial candidates:
For additional information on candidates and races, some organizations also perform fact checking and publish articles:
- Follow state law at the Illinois General Assembly and track bills with their Legislative Reports.
- Track federal legislation in both the House of Representatives and Senate at Congress.gov.
- Congressional Research Service Reports from the Library of Congress are now available to the public. These reports examine issues from all perspectives to inform lawmakers throughout the process of drafting, debating, passing and enacting legislation.