Getting Excited About Science virtual show and workshop includes some larger experiments that have taken this show to 14 states. You will see some of the most popular stage experiments including human gyroscope, hovercraft, electric generators, sound, light and liquid nitrogen. After the show we will teach many experiments that you can do at home with simple objects from home. See the materials list below. Tune in and enjoy the fun!
Since this program is online, please be sure to register with the best email for us to send an invite to our virtual programming space.
New to using Zoom? Try these tips for getting started.
Materials needed to follow along at home:
- Ketchup packets from a restaurant
- Empty 1 or 2 liter bottle
- Empty cups
- Vegetable oil
- Bath tub water coloring tablets or Fizzy medicine tablet (Alka Seltzer type) & food coloring
- Insulated wire (used to make simple electric circuit)
- Nail or bolt
- Can of regular pop
- Straws of all sorts
- Empty soup/food can
- Party balloon
- Piece of cardboard (small)
- Empty round container (example: Oatmeal)
- Rubber bands
- Liquid soap
- Small bowl
- Hard boiled egg
- ADULT OR TEEN HELPER AT HOME
Registration for this event has closed.